Robert Ryshke looks at a model of teaching up which has seven principles
- Accept that human differences are not only normal but also desirable.
- Develop a growth mindset.
- Work to understand students’ culture, interests, needs and perspectives.
- Create a base of rigorous learning opportunities for ALL students.
- Understand that students come to the classroom with varied points of entry into a curriculum and move through it at different rates.
- Create flexible classroom routines and procedures that attend to learner needs.
- Be an analytical practitioner.
He looks at learning environments where students have been segregated and not given opportunities to share and outlines how these principles can be implemented